cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6(2) Install Issues on UCS

paul_romsos
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to import the Unity Connection 8.6(2) OVA file onto my UCS server (UCS-C210M2-VCD2) the OVA appears to import fine but when I go to start the VM it appears to go directly to the network boot option rather than starting the VM.  I've went into the BIOS and ensured that network boot is the last boot option but that did not help. 

I'm using ESXI 4.0 on my UCS server. 

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to start?  I'm by no means an expert in VMware, maybe I'm just missing something obvious. 

Thanks in advance.

Paul

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what do you see on the VM when you start it??

I've done all of mine in the lab using the OVAs and since I've only got one vSwitch they use that one for networking, but when I start the VM I just connect the DVD to the install ISO and do not get any other option.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I think you've answered my question Java, my inexperience with the UCS servers has led me to miss a step I think... 

Although I installed the OVA and that worked fine for some reason I wasn't thinking that I had to run the install ISO yet.  After reading your post the light came on and it all makes sense now, not sure what I was thinking there, no way the Unity Connection was only 891kb (size of the OVA file).

One other quick question hopefully you could answer for me.  Since this is a new install do I have to get the DVD media from Cisco or is there somehwere I can download the ISO and burn the DVD myself?  I see ISO's for the upgrades but for some reason I can't find one for the full install.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

You might run into some OVFs that do deploy the whole thing, but at least the OVFs we provide for UC that I know of are only the VM specs, you then need to run thru all the install after you create the VM that has the required specs for each product.

We do not provide bootable media online, only upgrades and patches.

The official answer is that you need to order the media, there is a procedure on how to create bootable media from non-bootable media but that obviusly we do not support. If this is for a lab or you need this right away you can just search CSC and the link will be in some threads, it's in a blog by htluo.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the info Java, very helpful.

Paul