Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 Bulk change switch integration for Notification devices

Hello,

I have 13K+ users on CUC that are integrated with PBX A.   I will be migrating these users off of PBX A onto PBX B over the next several months.   I can update these users through the Bulk Admin tool to change the MWI and switch integration for the user but cannot find a way to change the switch integration for notification devices through bulk admin.   I can manually do this but obviously do not want to manually change 13K + users.  Anyone know how to change the notification device switch integration through bulk in CUC?

Thanks,

Glenn

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Glenn,

Looks like these can be changed via Bulk Edit (instead of BAT)

Bulk Edit changed in 8.x from where it was accessed in 7.x.

Here's a clip that speaks to how this is run now. You first search and select all

the users you want to change and then choose Bulk Edit;

To Edit User Account Information in Bulk Edit Mode (some editing from original this example

is for Caller Input settings but you'll see the point)

#

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, on the Search Users page, check the applicable user check boxes, and select Bulk Edit.

#

If the user accounts that you want to edit in bulk do not all appear on one Search page, check all applicable check boxes on the first page, then go to the next page and check all applicable check boxes, and so on, until you have selected all applicable users. Then select Bulk Edit.

#

Step 2 On the Edit Caller Input page, change settings as applicable.

#

Note The Status message at the top of the Edit Caller Input page tells you how many user accounts are being edited. Also note that the page is populated only with the fields that you are allowed to edit in bulk mode, and that the fields available for edit also depend on whether all of the user accounts reside on the local server.

#

Step 3 If applicable, set the Bulk Edit Task Scheduling Fields to schedule the Bulk Edit operation for a later date and/or time.

#

Step 4 Select Submit.

#

Step 5 If applicable, continue to change settings for these user accounts on the related pages available from the Edit menu. As you make changes on each page, select Submit before going on to the next page to make additional changes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac090.html#wp1049545

Try a couple of test users first to come up with the exact plan.

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Rob,

Thanks for the info.   The problem is that I need to be able to update these users based on a spreadsheet.   If I'm migrating 1500 users out of 13,000 every week, I don't want to have to manually select these users from the user admin page.   Expecially since I may not be changing users based on number blocks or some other logical way.

Thanks,

Glenn

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Glenn,

That's an interesting one for sure

As a test here I tried the Bulk Edit and chose;

User with Voicemail > Users referenced in this CSV file > Next

This then allowed me to browse to an existing "basic" .csv that I had

used to create a test user recently when playing with BAT. In this .csv

I had one user named Bob Uncle with DN/ext 5126. So when I used this method

the Bulk Edit tool (smart puppy ) selected only Bob Uncle for my edit choices

and i was able to change the Notification Switch Integration.

It looks like this may be your best bet, try manipulating some test users to perfect

your methodology.

I have attached the test .csv I used

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Rob,

Maybe I'm missing something here.   Connection 8.6 no longer has the Bulk Edit Utility.   You can update users from a csv using the Bulk Admin Tool but there is no way to modify the switch integration for notification devices.   You can also select users from the user page and bulk edit them (manually) but I cannot realistically do this for the 1500 users I'll be migrating every week.

Thanks,

Glenn

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Glenn,

Sorry man, the test I did was done in CUC 7.1(3b)su2 not an 8.x version

In 7.x this was available with Bulk Edit (not BAT) but I'm guessing with the

changes in 8.x this is no longer a viable method.

Maybe you could leverage BAT as a first step in the migration and do an export

then tweak the data before the import to add a number/character before the Displayname

based on what phase the user will be migrated in. Then the specific users could be searchable

in Bulk Edit when the time comes to change the "switch integration" portion of their config.

So all users in phase 1 could have something like - A1John Doe, A1Bruce Moose......etc. etc.

And all users in phase 2 could have something like - B1Earl Elk, B1Sam Snake......etc. etc.

When phase 1 is done you could use Bulk Edit > Find > Displayname begins with A1 and you

would have your required users. It would obviously take some up front work but would save big

time during the migration itself

Just a thought.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for all the suggestions Rob.   I think I'll bag it and let any notifications use the wrong switch integration until I get all users migrated.

Thanks, Glenn

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Glenn,

You are most welcome my friend! Sorry we couldn't come

up with a suitable fix.

Best of luck on this very large project

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Glenn,

Bulk Edit feature is still there in Unity Connection. But its location has changed slightly from CUC 8.5 and onwards. You can now find the "Bulk Edit" option in the user's page:

You also have the option to use Bulk Edit using CSV in the Related Links Menu on the Users page on the Top Right Corner as shown below:

I hope this will be of some help.

Regards,

Saurabh Agnihotri

Saurabh,

So it is there!   I'll give that a try.   Appreciate the help.

thanks,

Glenn