Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 Export of notification devices

Does anyone know how to export all of the notification devices for mailboxes in CUC 8.6?   I've used the BAT export and it only exports the default notification devices.   I've also tried User Data Dump and this also only has the option to export the default notification devices.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Follow up – I went ahead and added a new item for “Alternate Notification Devices” to User Data Dump (version 8.0.20) – you can download it off my temporary page on the site here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Temp/

It was a little more involved than I thought – each device has 4 columns output for it (its type, its name, if it’s active and its target destination). So 40 columns get created since it does up to 10 devices – combined with the base notification devices that’s a total of 15 notification devices per user you can get info on. Hopefully you don’t need more than that…

Give it a try and let me know if you run into problems with it – I’ll move it to the tool’s main home page when I update the site again next week.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Speaking for User Data Dump (which I wrote) it's challanging to have a "N" element collection represented in a CSV output model - in other words the number of notification devices in total is not bounded - so you can't know how many might be defined.  I suspect BAT sticks to the default devices for the same reason I do - these ones are pre created in the database for all users - you know they will be there even if they aren't enabled and so you can reserve "slots" for them when outputing the CSV.

Sort of the same problem with alternate extensions but I cheated by dumping out empty columns for the remaining items up to the max allowed.  For notification devices there is no technical max that's enforced which presents a problem there.

I suppose you could have an option such as "All notification devices besides the default 5 that are defined" and dump out, say, up to 10 of them - just leaving the remaining 10-N slots blank if they aren't defined. If there are more than 10 you just get the first 10 encountered and that's it. A little awkward and some tortured wording but something like that might work. 

Follow up – I went ahead and added a new item for “Alternate Notification Devices” to User Data Dump (version 8.0.20) – you can download it off my temporary page on the site here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Temp/

It was a little more involved than I thought – each device has 4 columns output for it (its type, its name, if it’s active and its target destination). So 40 columns get created since it does up to 10 devices – combined with the base notification devices that’s a total of 15 notification devices per user you can get info on. Hopefully you don’t need more than that…

Give it a try and let me know if you run into problems with it – I’ll move it to the tool’s main home page when I update the site again next week.

Linborg,

Looks like this will work great.   Really appreciate your fast help with this.

Glenn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: