cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 - Transfer from Call Handler to CUCM

skipvergon
Level 1
Level 1

We are migrating from Unity 4.2 to Connection 8.6.

A caller comes into a Connection Handler and are advised that if they know the extension they want to call, they can dial it at any time.  Functionally. everything is working great. 

However, in 4.2 when they entered the extension, they would get the prompt, "Wait while I transfer your call".  In my Connection setup, that prompt is not played.  I would like to have that played and I can't figure out where that setting is.  Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Nick Richards
Level 1
Level 1

From a Call Handler (or a Directory Handler), the "Attempt Forward" Forwarded Routing Rule should be invoked. I believe the default behavior of this is to play the "Wait while I transfer your call" message.

Check Call Management > Call Routing > Forwarded Routing Rules to make sure the "Conversation" value is "Attempt Forward".

I'm a little rusty on routing rules, but it sounds like that's your thing.

Depending on your call flow, there's also a checkbox to enable playing of that message within the Call Handler's config. From "Edit Call Handler Basics":

Edit > Transfer Rules, under "Transfer Action" section, 'Play the "Wait while i transfer your call" prompt'.

Nick Richards wrote:

Check Call Management > Call Routing > Forwarded Routing Rules to make sure the "Conversation" value is "Attempt Forward".

It is configured this way

Nick Richards wrote:

Depending on your call flow, there's also a checkbox to enable playing of that message within the Call Handler's config. From "Edit Call Handler Basics":

Edit > Transfer Rules, under "Transfer Action" section, 'Play the "Wait while i transfer your call" prompt'.

That check box is selected.

What I have found is that if the extension exists in CUC as a user, it plays the message.  If the extension does not exist in CUC, the message does not play as it transfers over.

That makes sense. When dialing a known extension, the Transfer Rule setting of the user you are dialing specifies whether or not the "wait" prompt is played. But I'm not finding how to change that for a user who isn't associated; it's like there should be a default behavior setting for all transfers.

Nothing is ringing a bell here, and I see nothing in the System Transfers section of the guide. I'm going to dig around in my lab...

Thanks!

did you found a solution to this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: