cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9.1 call handlers always transfer calls straight to voicemail

tjackson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure what I have configured wrong but when someone reaches one of our auto attendant call handlers and accesses the dial by name directory it always transfers the call straight to voicemail as opposed to ringing the user's extension. Please advise or let me know if you need more information to assist me.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

This is controlled by this user setting;

Transfer Action
Transfer Calls To:

On the User> edit> Transfer rules

You can set this on the User template for future users and use Bulk edit

to change for existing users

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

I checked this setting on one of the users that I know to be having this problem and the setting of "transfer calls to: extension" is already checked as you are suggesting.

In addition to the configuration Rob mentioned (+5), what usually happens in this scenario is that the transfer from UC's voicemail ports is actually failing to complete, so it rolls back to the greeting of the user - giving you the impression that the configuration isn't working.  Double check your VM ports and their ability to place calls to the phone extensions.

Hope that helps,

Brad

ok, we found the solution. The setting of the reroute CSS on the SIP trunk to the Unity Connection server in CUCM was not set correctly. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Brad,

Makes sense that this behavior would manifest itself with the failed

transfer! +5 for adding this great tip

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band