Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Unity Connection 9.1 Mailbox Quota Exceeded Warnings/Monitoring/Notification

What is the proper way to find out what user mailboxes have exceeded quotas in Unity Connection 9.1? I have users receiving NDRs from people who are either out for an extended period of time or who just do not manage their boxes. I know the users will get messages in the Web Inbox and the callers leaving them messages will get NDRs but, as the administrator what can I see??? There are no quota reports... I've read these warnings can be viewed in RTMT but, nothing is very clear about how to view them and yes I set my self up with the Audit Admin role. IMHO this is a very important information that every Unity admin needs to know. I cannot rely on the users to manage their quotas nor can I expect everyone to call me with the Unity mailbox user name when they receive and NDR voice mail. Please help!

Thanks In Advance,

Everyone's tags (1)
Cisco Employee

User Data Dump can do this

User Data Dump can do this (among many other items) for you:

You can get a CSV output of all the mailbox sizes, quota sizes as well as age of messages of various types and a number of other items you might find useful if you're looking for "dead" mailboxes or the like.

Community Member

Thanks for the info lindborg!

Thanks for the info lindborg!  I have to believe there is a better way to do this other than dumping all user data into a CSV then importing into Excel then looking at mailbox sizes for all users.

Kind Regards,

Cisco Employee

normally sorting by the

normally sorting by the mailbox size is going to get you a pretty succinct list to look at - but if you need something more custom and targeted than that you can look at the Python Scripting Host - I have several examples of reports and it'd be very easy to run one that only kicked out a list of users that exceeded one of the quotas (presumably warning level or higher) into a list:

Like User Data Dump you can schedule it to run and email you the output - so you can run this every week, say, and have it pop a nice list of users to go check (or yell at or whatever) show up in your inbox on a regular basis.

Community Member

The User Data Dump util works

The User Data Dump util works pretty well!  Actually, now I am also able to list System Distribution List membership.  Another worthy report that is not available.  I look forward to any other solutions especially how to view this in RTMT.  I may look into the PythonScriptingHost util as well.  I like the customization aspect.

Thanks Again!

CreatePlease to create content