Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection and Office 365 Restrictions

Dominic Ellis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I came across this on the Cisco release notes for Unity connection.

Can anyone explain the following paragraph.

Due to restrictions imposed by Office 365, support is limited to a maximum of 19 users per Unified

Messaging Service. Cisco is currently working with Microsoft to facilitate a change to their deployment

restrictions. Until such time, Cisco will support Office 365 integrations as a limited deployment with a

maximum of 19 users per Unified Messaging Service with unique user service accounts with

impersonation.

What does that mean?

Especially the: 'maximum of 19 users per Unified Messaging Service with unique user service accounts with

impersonation.'

Regards

Dominic

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dominic,

This means that if you've got 38 subscribers in UC that need to be configured for Office 365, you need to create 2 UM service accounts and assign 19 of your users to the first account, and the remaining 19 to the second UM account.  If you've got several hundred users, you can see where this could be a bit of an administrative task until Microsoft changes their deployment restrictions.

It may make more sense if you have a look at the configuration guide to understand the task list:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/unified_messaging/guide/85xcucumg025.html

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi Brad, Thanks for your help - apologies for the late reply - I have been out of the office.

But I really needed to know was how how many UM service accounts it is possible to have - I have been told

that microsoft have throttled the amount and only around 350 users could be setup max.

Apparently cisco are waiting on Microsoft to open this throttling to allow more users through from UC to O365

Regards

Dominic

UC supports 20 UM service accounts, so the 20x19 = 380 users that can be configured until Microsoft opens up their restrictions.

Brad

Have you heard of any time frames as to when Microsoft will lift these.............

I haven't heard anything, we're all eagerly waiting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: