Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Connection Backup Hangs

Hi All,

I have a Unity Connection 8x for a large company that  has a scheduled Backup every night.  It times out after 20 hrs and gives errors( failed features) CONNECTION_MESSAGES_UNITYMBXDB3,CONNECTION_MESSAGES_UNITYMBXDB2,CONNECTION_MESSAGES_UNITYMBXDB1,CONNECTION_MESSAGES_UNITYMBXDB4,CONNECTION_DATABASE,CONNECTION_GREETINGS_VOICENAMES.....

It stops at the first Mailbox store then hangs there for the 20 hours...I tried to cancel backup but it still hangs. Any suggestions.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi,Try to stop and restart

Hi,

Try to stop and restart the Cisco DRF Local service from the Serviceability page.

Backup and Restore Services
 Service NameStatusStart TimeUp Time
Cisco DRF Local

If you have HA then try to

If you have HA then try to restart the Server (just adding to mightyking's solution) should not be a long down time, but if you dont have HA, then try to do it during off peak hours.

I have seen this happen a few times.

Secondly, check if the SFTP Server HDD is full or near full, as many times the Backup wants much more than the actual required size of the backup.

HTH

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies