Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Call Handler - Dial DN if no caller Input

barker_man
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I currently have a Call Handler set up that prompts the user with 2 choices that directs them to the relevant DN in Call Manager.  The recording did not say "Or press 4 to return to customer services". 

I am looking for a solution so that if the caller does not make any inputs, it dials a number already set up in Call Manager.

I looked to use the send caller to Operator, but this is a global setting, I have other call handlers.

Any idea how I can get it to transfer to another DN if there is no caller input, I just cant see the option ...

Cheers

3 Replies 3

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

If you will be calling an existing Unity Connection User, you can set the after greetings action to a User with a mailbox (select the attempt transfer option)

That's the only way I can think of right now, but If there's another way, I'm pretty sure someone on here can tell you!

Gareth

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can define another call handler that transfers the call to desired destination then use this call handler as the destination for the after greeting, and on the greeting check allow transfers to destinations that are not unity call handlers or users, or whatever the checkbox says :-)

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I came across this thread and even though it's old i thought it might be helpful to someone else to elaborate on what Chris said about creating another call handler to initiate the transfer.  I just wanted to add that the call handler should not have an extension, and under Transfer Rule in Transfer Action enter the extension to transfer calls to.  When the call handler is called from the primary call handler it will automatically forward the call to the extension you entered.  Honestly it's a backwards way to accomplish something as simple as forwarding the caller to an extension automatically, but once you know how to do it it's easy enough.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: