Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection, Call Handlers Fail to non CUCM Extensions

stu_syn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have three Call Handlers....

A - Main Attendant (greeting with caller input)

Input 1 - Attempt transfer to "Option 1"

Input 2 - Attempt transfer to "option 2"

B - Option 1 - Attempt transfer to Mobile A

C - Option 2 - Attempt transfer to Extension B.

Extension B (registered on CM) works beautifully, Mobile A however fails.

Call Restriction tables have been deleted to "*" on all instances so there shouldn't be a problem there.

If you transfer "Mobile A" to a registered Extension (then forwarded) it works beautifully. But if you use an unregistered phone (forwarded) it fails.

It's almost as if Unity Connection is checking whether the number is okay in CUCM before sending - and I just want it to send anyway!

Release to switch/Supervised works the same way.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Stu

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stu,

Have you looked at the CSS for the UC Dial-Out Ports?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes - we've even put the voicemail CSS on the phone and it dials fine.

As I said, if the phone is unregistered it doesn't forward - if the phone is registered, it forwards fine.

I feel I'm going slightly insane!

Cheers,

Stu

What forward setting are u using on the phone and what happens?

What do you hear/see on the phone you're making the call from?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

If the Call Handler has a greeting it will then go and play that instead; almost as if it's tried the transfer, failed and defaults to the greeting.

We used CFA on the phone - again, works fine if registered, but dies if the DN isn't registered.

Obviously - i'd love it to directly (without any forwarding in between) but that's not happening.

So again - will forward to anything that appears to be registered: 4x digit DN whether forwarded or not

As soon as you try and configure the call handler to transfer to the PSTN, or unregister the phone, it died and gives you the greeting.

Hmmmm...

Stu

Hi Stu

did youi get a fix for this, I'm getting a similar issue - when I try and transfer to a non registered DN I get an error saying that the line is busy. I have opened up default system transfer table.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: