Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Caller System Transfer

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have Unity Connection 7.1(3a) integrated with CUCM 7.1(3a).

I have configured a Call Handler to direct callers to the Caller System Transfer converstion.

Users dial a CTI Route Point DN which forwards to Unity Connection and hits a Call Routing rule which send the caller to my Call Handler.

The caller is prompted to enter a number to be transferred to and then confirm this by pressing 1.

This works ok with the exception that when I dial from an IP phone and enter the extension of another IP phone it takes approx 10 seconds before the two phones are connected - i.e. I am connected to a VM port and so is the called party. After 10 seconds expires the voicemail system drops out of the call and the two phones are connected and we can speak.

oddly enough when the Call handler is accessed from an external phone dialling into the cluster via a PRI gateway no delay is experienced - the phones are connected together as soon as the called party answers.

Any ideas on what the problem may be?

1 Reply 1

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have just done some more testing and this delay is only being experienced when the calling phone is a 6921. When using 794x it works fine.

This customer only has one 6921 phone (they bought one to evaluate and were not too impressed!) so I am not going to take the troubleshooting any further.

Thanks to everyone who looked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: