cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - Cannot add dist list as owner of more than 1 call handler

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I have a department of people, all of whom need the ability to edit several different department call handlers.  Rather than add all of their names as owners of each call handler I thought I would make it simpler and created a Unity Connection Distribution List with all of them in it and make the list the owner of each call handler so that all they have to do going forward is make sure the list is up to date.  

This worked great for the first call handler.  It let me add the dist list as an owner.  As soon as I tried this with a second call handler I received the following errors:

"Distribution List with ObjectID: <the list's object ID> is already configured for selected Call Handler."
"Unable to find any Call Handler Owners"

Any idea why this might be happening?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I ran into this while testing COBRAS updates to support the distribution list owners added in 10.5 - it was not present during my first round testing but was in follow up testing - looks like someone added an unnecessarily aggressive foreign key constraint on the owners when they're DLs - it's supposed to be checking to make sure you don't accidentally add the same list as an owner twice but it appears they did the check across all call handler owners instead of the specific call handler being edited.

I know a bug has been opened for this already but I don't have the number handy - I'll look it up later this afternoon when I'm at my office PC again - I would assume it gets fixed in an ES but I wont be able to say when of course...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I ran into this while testing COBRAS updates to support the distribution list owners added in 10.5 - it was not present during my first round testing but was in follow up testing - looks like someone added an unnecessarily aggressive foreign key constraint on the owners when they're DLs - it's supposed to be checking to make sure you don't accidentally add the same list as an owner twice but it appears they did the check across all call handler owners instead of the specific call handler being edited.

I know a bug has been opened for this already but I don't have the number handy - I'll look it up later this afternoon when I'm at my office PC again - I would assume it gets fixed in an ES but I wont be able to say when of course...

Excellent.  That tells me what I need to know.   Seems like something that will be easy to fix so hopefully it's fixed in the next release. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: