cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection cluster 8.6.2 Disaster Recovery "CUC" Checkbox

stevegustafson
Level 1
Level 1

When I setup a Schedule to backup the Unity Connection Publisher server I check all features  Conneciton DB, Greetings, Messages, and CUC.  It seems like after the schedule runs the CUC checkbox becomes unchecked.  Is this the expected behavior, or is this a bug?  Am I losing the ability to restore the server with the CUC checkbox unchecked?  The DRS guide for Unity Connection says that it should always be checked along with the DB, and the Greetings.  The only optional feature is the Message store.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, this is a new issue and a new defect has been rasied to correct it. The defect is CSCtz58580 however it is so new it doesn't show up under Bug Toolkit yet.

At this moment, we don't have a resolution to this yet however please give that defect a few days and then start monitoring it from the Bug Toolkit for updates. We do plan on fixing this in an ES however the developers haven't completed that yet.

I would say give this a month or so and check back for a resolution.

Thanks,

Brad

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, this is a new issue and a new defect has been rasied to correct it. The defect is CSCtz58580 however it is so new it doesn't show up under Bug Toolkit yet.

At this moment, we don't have a resolution to this yet however please give that defect a few days and then start monitoring it from the Bug Toolkit for updates. We do plan on fixing this in an ES however the developers haven't completed that yet.

I would say give this a month or so and check back for a resolution.

Thanks,

Brad

Thank you, Bradley.  Do you know what the impact of having this checkbox unchecked is?  In the DRS guide for unity connection it states "other configuration".  Not sure if this is really somthing to worry about or not.

Hi,

The potiential impact would be if you restart your server, it could unregister a few components from the backup routine. I would verify that if you did restart the server that you did go back in and check the 'CUC' box and save it to make sure that you do get all components in your backup. If you forget, check the SFTP server and verify that you get the correct files from your backup (default is 7 .tar files with 1xml).

Thanks,

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: