Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection concept enquiry

I have a doubt. Every time you want to place a recording to announce whatever on CUCM-Unity environment, tipically the steps are:

On CUCM create a DN and forward to voicemail.

On UC create a System Call Handler with that extension and with a recording.

So far so good. If you call to that extension you hear the recording.

I have another phone with another extension and on forward busy or FwdAll condition I forward the call to the UC linked extension.

The doubt is why if I call to that phone I am not able to listen the recording, instead I listen the voice mail of the phone who started the call.

Is there a way to tweak this?

Best Regards

Jonás

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the default behavior, yes, you can choose to use the original called number, or the last redirecting number for routing in CUC, but it's a global parameter, you need to determine if you actually need that for all your call flows, if not, you probably want to use call routing rules.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the default behavior, yes, you can choose to use the original called number, or the last redirecting number for routing in CUC, but it's a global parameter, you need to determine if you actually need that for all your call flows, if not, you probably want to use call routing rules.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime your response were very helpful.

Finally I set up a new "Forwarded Routing Rule" sending the call to the desired Call Handler stablishing

the condition "Forwarding Station" equals to DN from redirect comes from.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: