Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Dependancy on WWW

mackersaffiniti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had a small problem with Unity Connection 1.2(1) where message were being taken and MWI was working fine but when you listen to the message it got the point playing and said 'the message is no longer available' even though it had just been left.

After a bit of troubleshooting I noticed that WWW was no started and once started Unity then worked fine (there had been a reboot due to an MS patch). So to be sure I stopped WWW and the same thing happened, in fact you also do not get the calling subscribers spoken name (if it was a calling subscriber that left the message) when WWW is stopped as well.

So I am just curious as to what and why Unity Connection had a dependency on WWW for message play back.

,Mackers

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm sure there are several dependencies but the important one here is the web server (via Tomcat) is used to stream message wav files from the file system - if you take the WWW service off line it'll take that out at the knees.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: