Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity connection error with CCM

Error POP UP:

"The voice device named CiscoUM1-VI1 does not response to registration reguests, Ensure that the device has been created in the Callmanager database and that the device name prefix is correct."

I got this error message when I verify the connection of Unity 4.0(4)SR1 with CCM 4.0(2a)es18. This system (VM)have problem with the MWI delay issue, I checked Callmanager, the CiscoUM1-VI1 configuration is correct.

I also plan to reboot the Unity server, if the problem also exist, plan to make integration again. What is the reason for this error?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES

Re: Unity connection error with CCM

attachment here:

Please Check your unity's TSP version.

and check Cisco CallManager Compatibility Matrix.

Hi -

Here is a link to the Unity - CallManager compatibility guide - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_device_support_table09186a0080531eb8.html#wp41680.

Some additional things to check:

1. Are all of your Unity ports registered on the CallManager?

2. When installing a new Unity server and just having created the ports on CallManager, we encountered the same error message once. Unity wasn't yet operational, so we reset the ports from CallManager. In UTIM, I removed the port name prefix that matches the CallManager side and re-entered the information. This time the test verified successfully.

3. Make sure you can ping the CallManager server from your Unity server.

4. Also, in your post you listed the first CCM port CiscoUM1-VI1. Make sure in UTIM, you have CiscoUM1-VI listed (case-sensitive).

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content