Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity connection for auto-attendant and required hardware

Hi,

One of my customers has CUCM 8 and would like an auto-attendant feature (like press "1" for service, press "2" for sales etc).

From the information I found for this feature they need Unity connection. Since they don't need voicemail they can just buy one license and use the Unity just for auto-attendant.

They have VMWare but would like to know what would cost to have this run on a dedicated server.

So my question is what is the minimum hardware (server) that they can run Unity 9 on for this purpose.

Regards.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi there,

If it were me I would encourage them to go virtual but the supported

hardware platforms are listed here.

Cisco Unity Connection 9.x Supported Platforms List

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/supported_platforms/9xcucspl.html

You will need to look at the overlay numbers to determine what fits their needs.

I believe that CUCM 10.x will only be supported on VM builds and Unity Connection

may be the same that's why I would try to get them to use VMware

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Hi Rob,

So from the link you provided what they would need is one MCS-7825-I5-IPC1 server?

Regards.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi there,

Yes, the 7825-I5 would work but keep in mind that it has been

announced as End of Life so it's not the best investment

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/end_of_life_notice_c51-728040.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Views
Helpful
Replies