cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - Immediately Apply Message Aging Policy

trevorjackson81
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to immediately apply the message aging policy in Cisco Unity Connection 9.1? I have a user that has close to 1000 voicemails in their inbox and it is causing issues with synchronizing their Unity Inbox with their Exchange Inbox. I have applied a message aging policy to the users' Unity Connection Inbox but it doesn't seem to go in effect until much later (perhaps next day, I think)

Is there somewhere I can click to apply this message aging policy immediately rather than waiting for it to run at whatever time?

Alternatively, is there a way to delete voicemail messages from the users' inbox in bulk? I can go into the web interface for their voicemail inbox and delete voicemails, but it only presents the voicemails 25 at a time so there is a lot of clicking that I would have to do.

Any help I could get on this would be greatly appreciated.                          

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Trevor,

One nice way with Unity Connection is with the use of this excellent tool from the great suite of Unity Tools (use the ** reset" feature **).

Unity Connection Bulk User Delete   

For resetting users you have the option of emptying the mailbox,  resetting greetings, deleting voice names,  resetting passwords,  removing private lists and a number of other  options you may choose.   For installations where the user base “changes  over” frequently such as  schools this may be a nicer option.  This  option is also allowed for  CoRes installations since it does not involve  the removal of user  objects from the Connection database.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC helps Kiva yes

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12122171/cisco-support-community-helps-kiva

View solution in original post

I wonder if it's worth looking into an option (either off the Bulk Delete tool or it's own stand alone tool or maybe a scripts using the Python Scripting Host) to run through and execute deletes and such based on aging policy settings immediately - I've seen this come up a few times - folks want to change a policy and then execute on it on the spot.

Maybe I'll stick it on the to-do list - it'd be ideal as a Python script such that folks can see what it's doing and edit to taste but it's a bit more tedious that way...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Trevor,

One nice way with Unity Connection is with the use of this excellent tool from the great suite of Unity Tools (use the ** reset" feature **).

Unity Connection Bulk User Delete   

For resetting users you have the option of emptying the mailbox,  resetting greetings, deleting voice names,  resetting passwords,  removing private lists and a number of other  options you may choose.   For installations where the user base “changes  over” frequently such as  schools this may be a nicer option.  This  option is also allowed for  CoRes installations since it does not involve  the removal of user  objects from the Connection database.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC helps Kiva yes

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12122171/cisco-support-community-helps-kiva

I wonder if it's worth looking into an option (either off the Bulk Delete tool or it's own stand alone tool or maybe a scripts using the Python Scripting Host) to run through and execute deletes and such based on aging policy settings immediately - I've seen this come up a few times - folks want to change a policy and then execute on it on the spot.

Maybe I'll stick it on the to-do list - it'd be ideal as a Python script such that folks can see what it's doing and edit to taste but it's a bit more tedious that way...

Thanks for the link. I ended up just waiting for the message aging to get applied to move forward on this but this could be helpful in the future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: