Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection IVR Transfer Delays

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have deployed a Unity Connection 9.1(2) cluster on BE6000. It is integrated with CUCM 9.1(2) using SCCP.

I am using it to do some simple IVR stuff using Call Handlers and it is going ok apart from noticeable delays when tranferring calls.

I have a main IVR which plays a menu prompt. The user has two choices - Press 1 for xxxx, Press 2 for yyyy

When the user presses a menu choice the first Call Handler sends the call to another Call Handler which then transfer the call to an internal directory number.

There is a delay of approximately 10 seconds between the caller selecting an option and the call ringing the transfer DN. The first five seconds of this seem to be an inter-digit timer issue (T302 timer set to 5000 in CUCM) and the last five seconds seem to be taken for Unity Connection to do the transfer (the caller hears MoH during this period).

Other than reducing the T302 timer below 5000 (which I do not want to do) is there any way of speeding up the transfer process? - 10 seconds is an awfully long time for callers to wait.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are there overlapping patters in your dial plan by any chance?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are there overlapping patters in your dial plan by any chance?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding.

Yes there are overlapping dial patterns and changing the transfer target to something that does not overlap has got rid of the inter-digit delay. The transfer now takes about four seconds to complete which is more acceptable.

I have used E.164+ formatted extensions for this deployment and my transfer target was overlapping with an E.164+ formatted Route Pattern (\+[2-9]XXXXXXXX!) that the VM port CSS has access to.

I guess that this is one of the issues of using E.164+ Directory Numbers.