Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - MoH on Transfer

mike.meyer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Using unity connection for an IVR transfer via a call handler. Simply it transfers the call to a directory number based on schedule.

During the split second it takes to process the call and establish media to the DN the caller hears the local music on hold. (On SIP trunks they hear the carrier MoH if local MoH is not operational)

As you can imagine most people question why this gets played for the split second and deem it to be not very professional.

I have considered using a different media pool for the GW, but that break all MoH for inbound calls on the VG/CUBE

Is there a setting that can play "ring back" or silence during the transfer.

Note that I have enabled 'release to switch' on the transfer.

This is impacting Unity Connection builds V9 and V10 builds.

Cheers

MIke

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

I believe this is coming from the VM ports MoH settings, which is either set on the Common Device Configuration or the Device Pool assigned to your VM ports.

You would have to create a Common Device Configuration that uses a silent file and apply it the VM ports. Because If you set your Common Device Configuration to None, it is still going to use the Device Pool MoH settings or the Default MoH in CUCM.

Please rate helpful answers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

I believe this is coming from the VM ports MoH settings, which is either set on the Common Device Configuration or the Device Pool assigned to your VM ports.

You would have to create a Common Device Configuration that uses a silent file and apply it the VM ports. Because If you set your Common Device Configuration to None, it is still going to use the Device Pool MoH settings or the Default MoH in CUCM.

Please rate helpful answers!

Thanks Amine, above workaround fix the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: