Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection MWI On even if caller leave no message

vanwitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello gents,

I have the following question from my customer: when I make a Call Forward all to Voice Mail, if someone reach me, he is transfered to my voicemail and if he doesn't leave a message, I can't see that I have missed a call.

My question is, on Unity connection 9.1, can I forced MWI on for each calls that reach the user mailbox, even if callers hang up before the "bip"?

For information, we have migrated recently from Unity Connection 2 to version 9, and user says that this feature was activated before migration...

Thanks for your return.

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Only the following events trigger Cisco Unity Connection to turn MWIs on and off:

> When a message for a user arrives on the Cisco Unity Connection message store, Cisco Unity Connection notifies the phone system to turn on an MWI on the phone for that user.

> The MWI remains on even after the user listens to the message. It remains on until the message is saved or deleted. Once the message is saved or deleted, Cisco Unity Connection notifies the phone system to turn off the MWI on the phone.

> When MWIs are synchronized, Cisco Unity Connection queries the message store to determine the status of MWIs on all phones, and resets the applicable MWIs.

So, unfortunately your requirement does not look feasible with Unity Connection.

HTH

Manish