Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection, Outlook integration, play on phone

Daniel Flieth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

when i use Exchange as my Voicemail Soulution, its possible to play the VM on the phone (by clicking on play in outlook).

My question is, does Unity Connection Support these feature also?

Best Regards

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

I'm not exactly sure if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that you use Unity Connection as your voicemail server but you have unified messaging where you have voicemails delievered to your email? If so, yes this is possible to play a voicemail from the Outlook client to your phone. In order for this to be done you would need to use the Viewmail for Outlook plugin installed on the client pc. This would allow you to open up a voicemail and set your playback device to the phone.

Viewmail Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user/guide/email/8xcucugemail010.html

On a side note, you can also use WebInbox off of Unity Connection to play the message however you would use a web broswer in this case.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

I'm not exactly sure if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that you use Unity Connection as your voicemail server but you have unified messaging where you have voicemails delievered to your email? If so, yes this is possible to play a voicemail from the Outlook client to your phone. In order for this to be done you would need to use the Viewmail for Outlook plugin installed on the client pc. This would allow you to open up a voicemail and set your playback device to the phone.

Viewmail Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user/guide/email/8xcucugemail010.html

On a side note, you can also use WebInbox off of Unity Connection to play the message however you would use a web broswer in this case.

Good Luck

Hello Brad,

at the moment we have to decide if we use Exchange or Unity Connection. But the tip with VoiceView was exelent. Thank you

You don't really need ViewMail to play the messages via Outlook. ViewMail makes it simply easier, but if you do not install viewMail and integrate to Unity Connection via either Single Inbox (messages are synched between Unity and Exchange) or IMAP you will receive the message as a .wav attachment that you can open on your PC and play it.

HTH,

Chris

Yes i know, but my question was, Can i receive the Message via Outlook (on a thinclient) and play it via the phone when clicking on play?

So when im clicking on play in outlook, the phone rings and then plays the message on the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: