Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Connection PIN changes

I've set up a CMBE 8.6(2a).  Call manager is LDAP integrated with their Windows 2008 domain, Unity Connection pulls its users from CUCM and is set up for Single Inbox.  I can't find a way to require users to set their PIN while setting up their new voicemail boxes.  Nor can I find a way to allow them to set them after the fact through the menu system after listening to their voicemails.  Is there a way to do this? 

Also, what is the URL for PCA?

5 REPLIES

Found the PCA URL.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

The way you force the change of PIN is on User page go to Edit --> password settings --> check "User Must Change at Next Sign-In"

They can set the PIN via TUI by going to the setup options (typically menu 4), but depending on your converstation style it could be diffferent.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

This is how I've done it in the past, but because it is pulling users from CUCM which is LDAP integrated, the Password Settings option on the drop down is greyed out. 

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Kyle,

I thought that once a user has been imported via LDAP/CUCM that

these settings had to be done via CUCMadmin

Managing End User Credential Information

Use the following procedure to change or view credential information, such as the associated authentication rules, the associated credential policy, or the time of last password change for an end user. You can edit user credentials only after the user exists in the database.

Note The credential settings that you apply to an end user also apply to Cisco Unity Connection users. You cannot modify any password policies or credential settings in Cisco Unity Connection, except to change the password for Cisco Unity Connection users.

In the user Credential Configuration window, you cannot save settings that conflict with the assigned credential policy. For example, if the policy has the Never Expires check box checked, you cannot uncheck and save the Does Not Expire check box in the user Credential Configuration window. You can, however, set a different credential expiration for the user, including Does Not Expire, if the Never Expires policy setting is not checked; the user setting overrides the policy setting.

In the user Credential Configuration window, you cannot change settings that conflict with other settings in the user Credential Configuration window. For example, if the User Cannot Change check box is checked, you cannot check the User Must Change at Next Login check box.

The credential configuration window reports approximate event times; the system updates the form at the next authentication query or event.

Before You Begin

Create the end user in the database. See "Configuring an End User" section.

Procedure

Step 1 To find the end user configuration, use the procedure in the "Finding an End User" section.

The End User Configuration window displays the configuration information.

Step 2 To change or view password information, click the Edit Credential button next to the Password field. To change or view PIN information, click the Edit Credential button next to the PIN field.

Step 3 Enter the appropriate settings as described in Table 110-2.

Step 4 If you have changed any settings, click Save.

Table 110-2     Application User and End User Credential Settings and Fields 

Field
Description

Locked By Administrator

Check this check box to lock this account and block access for this user.

Uncheck this check box to unlock the account and allow access for this user.

User Cannot Change

Check this check box to block this user from changing this credential. Use this option for group accounts.

You cannot check this check box when User Must Change at Next Login check box is checked.

User Must Change at Next Login

Check this check box to require the user to change this credential at next login. Use this option after you assign a temporary credential.

You cannot check this check box when User Cannot Change check box is checked.

Does Not Expire

Check this check box to block the system from prompting the user to change this credential. You can use this option for low-security users or group accounts.

If this check box is checked, the user can still change this credential at any time. When this check box is unchecked, the expiration setting in the associated credential policy applies.

You cannot uncheck this check box if the policy setting specifies Never Expires.

Reset Hack Count

Check this check box to reset the hack count for this user and clear the Time Locked Due to Failed Login Attempts field. After the counter resets, the user can try logging in again

The hack count increments whenever an authentication fails for an incorrect credential.

If the policy specifies No Limit for Failed Logons, the hack count always equals 0.

Authentication Rule

Select the credential policy to apply to this user credential.

Time Last Changed

This field displays the date and time of the most recent change for this user credential.

Failed Logon Attempts

This field displays the number of failed logon attempts since the last successful logon, since the administrator reset the hack count for this user credential, or since the reset failed login attempts time has expired.

Time of Last Field Logon Attempt

This field displays the date and time for the most recent failed logon attempt for this user credential.

Time Locked by Administrator

This field displays the date and time that the administrator locked this user account.

Time Locked Due to Failed Logon Attempts

This field displays the date and time that the system last locked this user account due to failed logon attempts. The associated credential policy defines lockouts due to failed logon attempts.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b08user.html#wp1076451

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Thank you for the info.  I can change it in CUCM, but the checkboxes that are normally there for locking and forcing PIN change on next logon, etc are not there in an LDAP integrated scenario.  So what I've been doing up until now is resetting their password in CUCM to a simple default password, then having them log into CPA to change it in there (so that I don't know their PINs).  I was hoping there was a way I can simply tell CUCM to require a PIN change at next logon the way I can in non-LDAP integrated environments. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content