Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Unity Connection. "Delete" Hung Up prompt

Hi all,

I have Unity Connection version: 8.0.2.40000-12.

When the user deliver the message and press # (or other key) listen the promp "Your message has been sent" and hangup.

I'd like that if the caller press the key # the system hungup directly without play any prompt.

Is it possible?

In 'Edit Message Setting' I have the next:

* After Message Action

- Call action = Hang Up

In 'Caller Input keys' I have the next:

- All keys the action is 'Ignore key' and your status is Unlocked.

In this menu I have tested diferent options (call action = Hung Up / locked, etc)

Thank you so much.

Regards,

--

Alberto

Everyone's tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Community Member

Hello, Alberto.

The "Your message has been sent" prompt that you are referring to is actually associated not with the "hang up" but with the message taking/message delivery function of Unity.  When you are calling to leave a message for a user, and press #, that is a part of the conversation that you don't have access to change the prompts for.  Hence, your "hang up action" is doing just that, after the caller presses # to indicate they want to send the message as opposed to mark it urgent or future delivery, etc.  If you take a look at the wallet card for the record a message section, this is illustrated well.  Sorry for the bad news

Community Member

Hi,

First, thank you for your answer.

is there any workaround? For examples, to ignore the caller input.

Regards,

--

Alberto

Community Member

Alberto,

You're welcome.  No, because it is part of the "record a message" conversation, I can think of no work-arounds.  Changing caller input would only affect what happens when a caller is hearing the subscriber greeting. 

There are always ways to hack the system, which was a lot easier to do in the Windows based Unity, but if you are good a Linux and if the files are visible in the O/S (I'm guessing not but have never tried to look in Connection), the only way to do what you want would be to figure out what conversation .wav file is played when a caller presses # after recording a message and then rename that file to .old or something and replace that file name with a silent .wav file of a second long or so.  You would NOT be TAC supported and any upgrade or ES to the system would again overwrite your silent file.

Community Member

Thank you so much.

Regards,

--

Alberto

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content