Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection R8.5 doesn't ligth up the MWI

Hello There,

First I would like to whish you all a happy new year, and a great 2012!!!

Second please helpme!!! I'm stuck with a silly issue with de unity conection R8.5. I have this VM conected with a UCCM R8.0 and almost everything it's working fine, we can leave voice messages and listening, but the MWI didn't ligth up when the user have a new messages. When I test the MWI on and MWI off with the DN that I configured on the CUCM the MWI works, this DN are the same that I configured too on the Cisco unity connection.

Any ideas what's going on? please give a hand.

Regards,

Luis F. Martinez

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

You will need to look at the traces to see what happens with the VM ports out pulse the MWI to the extension. You can use DNA to validate CSS of the VM port to ensure that the extension of the phone and the MWI is reachable. Also if there is overlap in your dial-plan unity will route to the first dn/partition in your VM port CSS. If you are using different css for MWI and VM-port (complicated) then you will need to test the MWI access to the phone dn as well.

---

Posted by WebUser Mike Lydick

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Leave a message and look at the MWI status for that user in CUC, is it ON or OFF??

Have you already checked CSS are properly configured on VM ports and MWI DNs??

Do you have VM ports enabled for MWI?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Javalenc,

Thanks for your answer, I did some test and got the following.

I leave a message on the phone, and later the MWI it's OFF, I checked the MWI status on the user on CUC and it's enable/off !!!!!

I checked the CSS on the VM ports and MWI DNs and are ok? Yes I have at least 6 VM ports enabled for MWI

Any other ideas.

Regards,

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

do you by any chance have unified inbox or imap connection and are clicking on the message?

I did encounter similar issue recently where it was working sporadically and I resolved it by restarting the notifier and conversation services on UCON.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Chris, no I haven't, I will tried in a few more minutes to restar all the CUC server, and see what happen.

Regards,

Have a look at the troubleshooting guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/troubleshooting/guide/8xcuctsg050.html

Set the Macro traces for MIWI and Call Control for SCCP. THen Use RTMT to gather the Connection Conversation  and Notifier traces.

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

You will need to look at the traces to see what happens with the VM ports out pulse the MWI to the extension. You can use DNA to validate CSS of the VM port to ensure that the extension of the phone and the MWI is reachable. Also if there is overlap in your dial-plan unity will route to the first dn/partition in your VM port CSS. If you are using different css for MWI and VM-port (complicated) then you will need to test the MWI access to the phone dn as well.

---

Posted by WebUser Mike Lydick

Hi folks, thanks a lot for your comments, al lats there was some issues with the CSS and the partitions that were assigned to the VM ports taht have the MWI facility. I changed the CSS and the partitions to the same as the internal phones, and the MWI works.... now I have to figured out what was wrong with the CSS and partitions that I was using before.

Thanks a lot, and had a great 2012