Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Connection send message and abbreviated dialing

Hi,

I have a centralized deplyement with CUCM and Unity connection 8.5. My IP hones on the branchs have numbers in the following format 5[3 digits branch code]XXXX but when dialing within the same branch they don't have to dial the whole number they only compose the 4 last digits. I achieved so by using translation patterns. When I use Unity connection to send voice mail messages I would like to be able to use the abbreviated number as well which i was not able to do because the system recognizes subscribers using the whole number only.

Is there any way to do so?

Best Regards,

Hatem Hamdi,

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

You can do the same thing in UCON by using CSS/Partitions and assigning the 4 digit numbers as alternate extensions in site specific partition.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Do I have to create CSS and partitions on UCON side because I have tried to create aternate extension without creating CSS and partitions and it did not work.

Regards,

Hatem

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Yes, otherwise you'll create overlaps.  Assume 2 sites, A and B:

For site A build CSS called siteA-CSS that includes siteA-PT partition and global default partition

Assign this CSS to all phones at siteA

Define alternate extension as 4 digit DN in siteA-PT partition.

This way you will be able to address users via 4 digits within the same site and 8 digit everyone else.

I have done this on few systems and works great.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content