cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - Transfer to AA

pfh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a need to be able to transfer Busy/NoAn callers from an extension to a Unity Connection auto-attendant. Currently, CCM is set to forward from said extension to an AA extension on the Unity Connection server, but when the call is forwarded, the standard voicemail greeting plays. If I answer the call and manually transfer the caller to the attendant, everything works fine.

I've tried setting up Forwarding Routing Rules, but with no luck. I have confirmed that Call Manager is set to send the "Redirect" number along with the call to Unity Connection.

Anybody have any idea on how to accomplish this?

Software:

CallManager 4.1(3)

Unity Connection 1.1(1)SR1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm a little confused... if you have a subscriber with extension 1234 and a call forwards from 1234 you don't want the call to go to that subscriber's greeting and leave them a message? Really?

If you don't want that to happen then you can introduce a call routing rule into the forwarding calls rule at the top that says if the call is forwarding from 1234 then force it to go to a call handler - this effectively means the subscriber at extension 1234 will never get messages from folks forwarding from his phone...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you mean you're getting the opening greeting call handler and you want the greeting of the subscriber who owns the phone that's forwarding to Unity, right?

The first thing to do is to check and see what Unity is getting from the switch on a transfer - in the Tools Depot in the Switch Integration Tools section you'll see an app called "call viewer" - fire this up and do a test forwarded call. Lok and see what the reason and the forwarding number in particular are. I suspect we're getting a different number than you're expecting there which is why we're sending the call to the opening greeting.

Actually, I am getting the mailbox greeting when I want a call handler to pickup. Is there a way to force the call handler to pickup? I need calls to go to an AA if the user doesn't answer at his extension.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm a little confused... if you have a subscriber with extension 1234 and a call forwards from 1234 you don't want the call to go to that subscriber's greeting and leave them a message? Really?

If you don't want that to happen then you can introduce a call routing rule into the forwarding calls rule at the top that says if the call is forwarding from 1234 then force it to go to a call handler - this effectively means the subscriber at extension 1234 will never get messages from folks forwarding from his phone...

Here's my scenario:

Management dictates that all calls coming in should first ring on a shared line. If no one answers/extensions all busy, the auto-attendant should pick up and present the caller with a menu. One of the options should allow the caller to leave a voicemail, which should turn on the MWI at the shared extension.

Thanks for the help.

I just got it working. I created a forwarded call transfer rule, this time leaving the "Called number" field blank, putting the "forwarding station" and "dialed number" as the shared line DN. Anything transferring from that extension gets routed to a call handler. I have an option underneath the call handler to leave a voicemail, which I have set to go directly to the greeting without attempting a transfer. MWI lights up, everyone is happy.

Thanks again for the help.