Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity connection unable to read emails

We have a test CUC server and are trying to use TTS. I have setup the following:

1. Enabled the IMAP service on exchange.

2. Created an external account with receive as permissions on mailstore.

3. Created COS with TTS and enable the user with the COS.

4. Created the external service account within the user sa pages - same as the exchange alias.

We keep getting the following before the unity conversation:

'emails cannot be read at the moment try again later'.

All Voicemail functionality seems to be fine its just when we try and use TTS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adb Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity connection unable to read emails

Hi Jeff,

Are you currently trying to set this up so that IMAP runs over SSL, or in the clear? An incomplete SSL setup can be a cause of what you're seeing, so I would try to first set it up without SSL, make a few calls to see that TTS is working, and then convert over to SSL following the steps outlined in chapter 7 of installation doc.

To ensure you're running without SSL, check under System Settings >> External Services >> and set the Security Transport to "None" if it isn't already. Also make sure that Exchange is set up to accept non-secure IMAP connections.

If you've tried this, and TTS is still not working, you might bump up the "Maximum Delay for TTS Access Before Timeout" under System Settings >> Advanced >> Conversations from 4000 milliseconds to maybe 6000 or 8000. This is a timeout which tells CUC how long it should wait for an IMAP response from Exchange before giving up. This is to avoid long pauses in the conversation which can occur if the Exchange server is for some reason not sufficiently responsive.

Andrew

2 REPLIES
adb Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

Are you currently trying to set this up so that IMAP runs over SSL, or in the clear? An incomplete SSL setup can be a cause of what you're seeing, so I would try to first set it up without SSL, make a few calls to see that TTS is working, and then convert over to SSL following the steps outlined in chapter 7 of installation doc.

To ensure you're running without SSL, check under System Settings >> External Services >> and set the Security Transport to "None" if it isn't already. Also make sure that Exchange is set up to accept non-secure IMAP connections.

If you've tried this, and TTS is still not working, you might bump up the "Maximum Delay for TTS Access Before Timeout" under System Settings >> Advanced >> Conversations from 4000 milliseconds to maybe 6000 or 8000. This is a timeout which tells CUC how long it should wait for an IMAP response from Exchange before giving up. This is to avoid long pauses in the conversation which can occur if the Exchange server is for some reason not sufficiently responsive.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

the 'max delay for TTS ' setting done the trick for me. I had already set the IMAP connection without SSL but was still getting the same issue. I changed the timeout setting to 12000 as you suggested and it done the trick(the exchange is very slow).

thanks for your help, Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content