Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - Unable to upload audio file

benoit.moinet
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I have tried mostly everything to just upload an audio file in Unity Connection version 11.5. I need a bit help.

I tried the Media Manager (which is not Java anymore...), the unity tools Audiotext Manager and the UnityConnPromptManager from ccierants.

No way... Always an error "Unknown Error" or "Error uploading WAV for greeting to the remote server in EditAudioOnlyGreeting"

Of course, I tried different network locations to upload the files...

I tried to reconvert my file in case with Audacity... I added the role "Greetings Manager" or "Audio manager" for my CUC Administrator...

I tried to upload to a user instead to a Call handler, same behavior.

I check logs but maybe I don't check enough or add more verbose. The thing I found weird is here, I think but maybe I'm wrong :

00:58:29.804 |19348,,,Cuca,7,DEBUG [http-bio-443-exec-13] com.cisco.unity.tools.ErrorTranslator - Message resources found: org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources@185ac35
00:58:29.804 |19348,,,Cuca,7,DEBUG [http-bio-443-exec-13] com.cisco.unity.tools.ErrorTranslator - unmapped data error argument: Greeting
00:58:29.804 |19348,,,Cuca,7,DEBUG [http-bio-443-exec-13] com.cisco.unity.tools.ErrorTranslator - localized arguments to:
00:58:29.804 |19348,,,Cuca,7,DEBUG [http-bio-443-exec-13] com.cisco.unity.tools.ErrorTranslator - arg: Greeting
00:58:29.804 |19348,,,Cuca,1,DEBUG [http-bio-443-exec-13] com.cisco.unity.admin.actions.helper.UnityActionHelper - authentication TO found in session returning:AuthenticationTO[userOjbectId=6dc7f234-63ca-472a-9e0b-6438fe1cd84b;alias=cucadministrator;credentialType=0;isAuthorized=false;AuditDetail[userOjbectId=6dc7f234-63ca-472a-9e0b-6438fe1cd84b;alias=cucadmin;auditComponent=CUADMIN;clientAddress=10.11.12.5;clientContext=Cisco Unity Connection Administration;adminContext=callhandler;adminContextDetail=Standard;]]
00:58:29.804 |19348,,,Cuca,3,DEBUG [http-bio-443-exec-13] com.cisco.unity.dao.DAOFactory - get: key=LOCALVMS
00:58:29.804 |19348,,,Cuca,3,WARN [http-bio-443-exec-13] com.cisco.unity.dao.impl.BaseDAO - no authorization transfer object

Sure I'm missing something... But what ?

Thanks for your time,

Best Regards,

Benoit

13 Replies 13

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My first thought would be media format - although ATM is normally pretty good about normalizing just about anything you throw at it - if it plays in the audio playback screen for ATM it should upload ok from that perspective.  As a test you can load a wav file from c:\windows\media (any of them), play it and save it as a greeting - if you get an error back you definitely have an issue on the server side.

from your output there it looks like an authentication issue: "AuthenticationTO[userOjbectId=6dc7f234-63ca-472a-9e0b-6438fe1cd84b;alias=cucadministrator;credentialType=0;isAuthorized=false;"

I'm not entirely sure what that means but you might create a new admin user, set it's gui password (make sure it's not set to change at new login or the like), grant it roles for "Remote Administrator" and "System Administrator" and try logging in with that instead.

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

I'm also having this error: "Unknown Error", mostly when I'm using Google Chrome. So I use Mozilla FireFox when I want to upload a new recording, and it works fine for me at least.

Thanks guys for your answer.

I've tried with different browser, same behavior (Firefox, Chrome, IE...)

I'll try with the c:\windows\media audio files (good idea ;) 

I tried as well with a different user but I will recreate one... just in case :)

I keep you inform.

Hi Benoit,

Did you get a resolution to this in the end? I am seeing the same issue through Audio Text Manager,

Thanks,

Stuart

anyone find a fix.i get the following error in log file:

Error uploading WAV file for greeting to the remote server in EditAudioOnlyGreeting:

my user is correct , correct roles, no password expeiry etc.

Best to start a new thread rather than jumping onto the end of an existing thread with a similiar question.

I just tested the latest ATM version on Windows 7 and Windows 10 against Connection 11.5 and 10.0 uploading both recorded names and greetings with no issue (using recording via microphone and using a wav file from the windows media folder).  

So - we'll need quite a bit more information here - what version of ATM are you using?  What Windows client are you installed on?  What version of Unity Connection are you attaching to?  Are you able to upload the same recording(s) you're trying using the Connection web administration interface?

Just to follow up, I tested with older Connection versions to be sure ATM build 42 wasn't having trouble with Microsoft's SSL/TLS restriction updates on Windows within the last year - I tested against 8.0(3), 8.6 and 9.0(2) versions - voice names and greetings worked fine for users and call handlers using pre recorded or microphone recorded media.

so, at this point I'm going to need more to go on.

Mr Lindborg. Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to upload to Unity Connection ver10.52 .

Am i using the correct procedure - in the recording pane I'm selecting  File > New  and loading file and  I have also tried file> load and then save. Also done Tools>insert and tools>overwrite but get the failure during save.

'error uploading wav file for greetingto the remote server in EditOnly AudioGreeting'

If you are using 1.0.42 of ATM there isn't likely an issue with the app - I checked with several folks using it today (they are testing a new graph building function we've added) and uploading all recorded media is working fine in all scenarios - if you're not using 42, please download it.  If you are it's likely a security package on your end - all greetings and voice names upload via HTTPS to Connection regardless of version - if something is blocking access to 8443 or 443 to the Connection server uploads will fail.  

Also, you didn't answer the question as to if you can upload the same recordings via the web interface or not.

connection is 10.51

atm is 1.0.0.42.

I cant upload via web as I'm having java issues with firefox and ie.

a colleague has uploaded the files to another system and they work fine.

If you want to shoot me the wav files to test with ATM I can - however I highly doubt it's an ATM issue - it's using the same HTTP interfaces for all wav uploads that have been in place since Connection 7.0(2) was released.  But I can validate it for you if you like. 

Thanks for looking into this. Actually, my problem is resolved but I can’t tell you exactly how. I ended up creating another AXL application user with the exact same role and it worked with that without error. I then put it back to the original AXL application user and then it worked ok with that one. Not sure if that fixed it or perhaps there was a connectivity problem that cleared while I was faffing about changing the AXL account.

for info it's ATM build 42 on a windows 7 machine. Unity Connection 9.1.2ES46.12900-46. Couldn't upload using web admin due to Java issues, which is why i turned to ATM.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ok... I'm going to assume "faffing" is family friendly!

One thing to note is that versions of Connection prior to 10.0 don't support TLS connections for inbound HTTPS - Microsoft rolled out updates to all versions of windows 7 and later that required TLS 1.0 or later only (at the Windows layer) due to exploits in the last few years - which caused all kinds of headaches.  All the tools (including ATM, COBRAS, User Data Dump etc...) were updated to include a "force SSL"connection when attaching to older versions of Unity Connection - Thus far I haven't seen any issues with it but it's possible there was a certificate issue at play (i.e. attaching via a web browser from that box to the CxN box might have refreshed it) - that's about the only theory I have here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: