Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection web password with Jabber

Hi,

We have cucm integrated with unity connection 11.5. This CUCM is integrated with LDAP

Users imported from cucm into cuc

we are using sync pin between cucm and cuc

The problem is that in order to login to voicemail from jabber. It need the user name and the web password of the user. This web password is different than the domain password. Is there any method to unify it? that we have a lot of passwords and pins which confuse the end user.

Why Cisco unify the pin and didn't do the same for the password !!

Is there a way to reset this web password easily by the enduser ! I se cisco pca page isn't good tool.

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want everyone to use the same password, the best way is to integrate CUCM and CUC to LDAP directly. That way all the systems will look at LDAP as the single source for authentication, and they would just need to change their password in LDAP, and that will work for CUCM and CUC.

The option to change the password from Self Care Portal and PCA is ONLY applicable for local users, where CUCM is the authentication source.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

But if we integrate both with LDAP directly, then the PIN isn't sync'd between CUCM and Unity Connection. That means one PIN for voicemail and a separate PIN for Extension Mobility. It seems like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Any other ideas? At this point, it seems that in my environment, it is more desirable to have the PIN's synced.

No, you're completely wrong

https://youtu.be/p6m4gPv0ikE

CUCM and CUC using LDAP, and PIN sync.

HTH

java

OHHHH!!! I misunderstood. I thought that I could only do PIN sync if the user was imported from CUCM, but not imported from LDAP. So, just to make sure I understand properly: I can import users from LDAP, but still do PIN sync, correct?

Yes, that is exactly what I show in the video

HTH

java

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Jamie,

I am looking to LDAP integrate a production environment. I've gone through and changed all of the user's alias' to match their AD name. How can I make sure that when I do the integration that the current voicemail boxes are not deleted out of the system?

A fresh LDAP integration in Unity Connection will match up AD-integrated accounts with existing CUC accounts, but any account that does not match will remain a local CUC account. Nothing should be lost.

But I suggest that you test that the matchup will work properly by creating an LDAP synchronization agreement with a Custom Filter that will import/sync a single test account. If it works as you intend, then do the rest.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I concur with Jaimie, the AXL integration between CUC and CUCM was introduced long time ago for BE deployments, and I would not recommend it. Best practice is to defined identical LDAP integration on CUC as you have on CUCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: