cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connections 1.2.1 - Alternative Directory Handler Prompts

jpotegal
Level 1
Level 1

I copied over the alternative prompts fine however the server is still using the default prompts. Compatibility states this works with Unity 2.4.6 or later. Curious if there is a workaround for 1.2.1? No luck after restarting the service.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that is for unity, not unity connection. you're using tools that are not for your product. that's why under unity tools there is a unity section and a unity connection section. so you do not mix tools

here you can see CUC 1.x tools

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/CUC_1_x_tools.htm

you can replace the wav file for the handler, just be aware that doing that is not tac supported and any upgrade will restore the old prompt

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks for the response though it wasn't much help. keep in mind this is just a change in the .wav file and not an incompatibility in tools.

anyways, i figured out my mistake. the revised .wav file was replacing the wrong default .wav (006 rather then 005, first, last name prompt). all is good now!

How did you upload the new .wav files to Unity Connection? I have CUCMBE with UC 2.1.2 on a linux platform - can't figure out how to upload the files - if you could help that would be awesome.

With Connection 2.x and later you have to get root access to mess with any prompts (or any files outside the log folders). This site was talking about CUC 1.x (Windows based) not 2.x (Linux based). As far as I know root access is only aquired for TAC access to the system for troubleshooting, not for prompt changes (which are unsupported on both platforms).

We're adding custom greetig control support to Connection's name lookup handlers in 8.0 which will solve this particular problem much better than hacking the system wide prompts - each name lookup handler can get their own instructions tailored to the target audience.

Okay - that helps to at least give the customer a concrete answer.

Big question - when is 8.0 going to be released? I just installed this UC server and the customer is very angry with me for the Directory Handler. Seems like a simple thing - but all their customers rely heavily on the dial-by-name and they are a financial company.

They bought software assurance - so would I have to upgrade to 7.0 first or will there be a path direct to 8.0?

Oh - one other note - this is Business Edition - I assume I can still upgrade UC even on BE?