Level 1

Configuration:

CallManager 7,1.2  - Pub and Sub

Unity Connections 7.0

- Voicemail Ports are Created in UCM

- Line Group, VM Pilot, Hunt List, Hunt Pilot and MWI all created

- VoiceMail Ports and Port Group created and visible in Unity

Issue:

- VoiceMail Ports do not register in UCM.

- AXL Ping tests OK.

- Can Ping between the devices

- Check Telephony Integration in Unity is success

- Testing TLS Ping Fails on Unity

- Port Group Test fails with the following:

Port PhoneSystem-1-001: Test failed. Verify port and port group settings are correct and match the settings configured on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster

Port PhoneSystem-1-001: Failed registering as VMPort1 to 172.17.4.10:2000Verify the port's settings, including security mode, match the configuration of voice mail device VMPort1 on 172.17.4.10.Failure reason: ErrorReceivedSkinnyRegisterRejectMessage. SCCP message = [StationRegisterRejectMessage (36 bytes) text="Security Error"]

Under Port Group/Servers, test Ping.  (port 2000 tls 2443), this times out to both Pub and Sub.

Additionally, I can't see to get RTMT to monitor the Unity System.  Version from the Pub is 8.1 and this won't allow me to see the Unity Server (no menu item).  Downloadin 7.0 from the Unity server, and I only get server stats - no Port Monitor, etc...

Your help would be appreciated.  Cutover is in 3 hours...gulp.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

I would also check to make sure that the Device Name Prefix is correct on the unity connection side in your port group configuration.

If your vm port names in CUCM are for instance "CiscoUM1-VI1 thru CiscoUM1-VI24" then the Device Name Prefix field in the port group config in unity connection needs to be "CiscoUM1-VI"

Jason

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Recommend you contact TAC, but you can also review the troubleshooting doc - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsg040.html#wp1055640

If the ports don't register, this section of the guide will have you run some tests.  It sounds like your port security may be different in Unity Connection than what is configured in CUCM.  Also the port names must match between UC and CUCM - the guide will discuss this.  Check with your firewall team to make sure there is nothing blocking your pings between UC and CUCM.  Almost forgot so editing - When you install RTMT for UC on your PC, you need to put into different install folder, otherwise it will overlay your CUCM RTMT version.  This is required to run two different versions on your workstation, from my experience.

Best wishes!  Ginger

dmotloch
Level 1
Level 1

Port names - tripple check. 

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

I would also check to make sure that the Device Name Prefix is correct on the unity connection side in your port group configuration.

If your vm port names in CUCM are for instance "CiscoUM1-VI1 thru CiscoUM1-VI24" then the Device Name Prefix field in the port group config in unity connection needs to be "CiscoUM1-VI"

Jason

LOL  this *was* trippple checked.  Myself, an engineer sitting next to me and a third.

It was the third guy that saw the names did not have the V1 extension.

Thanks!

I may have had to look 4 times as well! 

So all is working now?

natan.zarhin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Despite this post in "answered" state and except the known issue with name diff between the UCM and UC which may cause "Reject" on the vm ports, wanted to share solution that worked for me in the lab. I was looking into this very the same problem for 1 hour, 10 time comparing the ports names and recreating them. Noth helped. At the end I altered the priority in the UCM group between the subs or sub/pub. And this solved a problem. FYI. In my case all paltforms are running virtually in the lab... CM service restart didn't help as well.

--thanks

I was banging my head with the same issue. Your post made me realize my mistake. My 'Port Group' configuration in Unity Connection was pointing to our CM Publisher, however the publisher is not a member of any Callmanager group (we have a 5 node cluster, the pub is dedicated to other roles).

If I either change the Port Group to a subscriber, or create a new UCM Group and DP that includes the publisher the ports register.

Big thumbs up.

Brian

I just ran into the same thing with a Unity connection cluster.  Primary server registered, and the backup was "rejected" in CUCM.  I just wanted to post and say that Brian Carscadden's solution is what fixed my issue.  So if you run into this and you've checked the name 100 times like me, read Brian's response above.

Thanks!!

Glad I could help. While I'm not a points junkie, please feel free to rate the post.

Regards,

Brian

Thank you to Natan.  My ports weren't registering because I had pointed them to my Publisher which - like others - wasn't part of any Call Manager groups.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: