Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connections. Database.error-271

david.wild
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I keep getting the above error when trying to add/delete users and have some other strange issues like not playing messag

es on the first attempt but repeating it works.

When looking at the licensing we get a lot of the followoing errors.

"There was an unexpected failure exectuting a database stored procedure execute procedure UnityDirDb:csp_licenseStatusModify ( pObjectID = '4bd919e0-52d8-4924-87d8-cc919af996ef,pComplianceTime='2010-08-20 10:36:00,828':. Please restart your system or contact support personnel if this failure continues."

The only link i have found implies a lic issue.

Any help appreciated

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Definitely a License issue

It shows that your "Temporary" license has expired;

"There was an unexpected failure exectuting a database stored procedure execute procedure UnityDirDb:csp_licenseStatusModify ( pObjectID = '4bd919e0-52d8-4924-87d8-cc919af996ef,pComplianceTime='2010-08-20 10:36:00,828':. Please restart your system or contact support personnel if this failure continues."

If you have a Permanent license, it needs to be loaded and activated via the UC Admin>Licenses

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Definitely a License issue

It shows that your "Temporary" license has expired;

If you have a Permanent license, it needs to be loaded and activated via the UC Admin>Licenses

Cheers!

Rob

In addition to Rob's comment (+5), if you're on an old version of UC ie: 7.0(x), you may be hitting the nasty database defect mentioned in another post by TAC here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9120  If so, I highly recommend you plan to upgrade; aiming for 7.1(5) or 8.x range of code.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Just to add to Rob's post, when you receive a temporary license it has an expiration date and a compliance date.  The expiration date is the date that the license is no longer "valid"; however, Cisco provides a grace period before the system is impacted by having an invalid, expired license installed.  I don't recall the exact amount of time allowed but I believe it is 30 or possibly 60 days...but the compliance date reflects the expiration + the allowed grace period.  You'll need to contact licensing@cisco.com to obtain a permanent license.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

david.wild
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all for the speedy responses.  I will get on to TAC.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Brad/Hailey,

Excellent info my friends! +5 each here

Cheers!

Rob