Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Connectoin Platform Discs

I have a Unity Connection 1.2 running on an IBM 3650 Server but I cannot find the disk in the kit. I do have a 3650 disk from a Unity kit and i am wondering if the base os is the same on Unity and connection? Also does anyone know what disk will supoort the 3650 or is it a specific disk

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Unity Connectoin Platform Discs

Hi Mike,

Here is the Platform disc information for Unity and Unity Connection;

Components Installed by the Cisco Platform Configuration Disc

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/uconn/ucpcd.htm

Components and Software Installed by Cisco Unity Platform Configuration Discs and the Cisco Unity System Preparation Assistant

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/pcd/cupcd.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

I got passed the config disks however I am running into an issue with the raid controller Bios.. It is the upgrade or download error message however when I follow the Cisco tip to install the downlevel BIOS the disk says it cant see the raid controller. I suspect this is because the diskette is for a 7k controller and I have an 8k that needs downlaoded.

I dont have a 3650 platform disk for the unity connection so I am using a Unoty platform disk and this may e the issue.

Any one have any ideas

I am having the exact issue at the moment. Have a tac case open as well as a call with IBM. I am however using the "Unity Connection Platform Configuration disk for MCS-7835/7845-i2-UC1 Servers and IBM x3650 based servers" It is version 2.1(1) on the disk. Any ideas?

I ended up with the correct disk and all was almost okay.

The issue is there will be no 'G' drive because you are using a usb keyboard and mouse.

I had to mannualy name the g drive.

I also got a bios error for the raid controller but after building the disks (floppy) I got around that

If you are still having issues please email me and I will see what Ican do to help you.

Views
Helpful
Replies