Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Data Store for unity 8

bibinsherief
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Im installing unity 8.0.3  , but unfortunately stuck at " cisco data store" .When i searched google itsays to install "sql server 2005 sp3" or"sql server express 2005 sp3". I installed express , but unity assistant still shows the result as "failed".

Any help from u guys will be appreciatable.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should take a look at the "Read Me" file as it states that the Unity Data Store DVD for Unity 8 is NOT available for download.  Refer to the following:

Do Not Use the Cisco Unity Data Store 2000 Disc from Cisco Unity 7.x and Earlier to Upgrade to Cisco Unity 8.0

If you are upgrading to Cisco Unity 8.0 and reinstalling software on the Cisco Unity server (for example, because you are replacing the server or upgrading to Windows Server 2003), you must use the Data Store 2000 disc that ships with Cisco Unity 8.0. The Data Store 2000 disc that shipped with earlier versions of Cisco Unity has a different directory structure, and the Cisco Unity System Setup Assistant, which guides you through installing and configuring Cisco Unity 8.0, will not recognize the Data Store 2000 disc that shipped with Cisco Unity 7.x and earlier. (If you paid for an upgrade to SQL Server 2005, we will ship you a Data Store 2005 disc with the rest of your Cisco Unity software.)

The Cisco Unity 8.0 version of the Data Store 2000 disc is not available for download on Cisco.com. To perform an upgrade that requires reinstalling software on the Cisco Unity server, you must either wait for the Cisco Unity 8.0 installation discs to arrive or manually install SQL Server 2000 or MSDE 2000. Manually installing the application is not documented and, therefore, not supported.

There's your answer.  You need to order the upgrade kit from Cisco in order to get the proper DVD.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The media set you got should have included a Cisco Data Store disc. If that is missing you will need to call Cisco (1-800-GO-CISCO) and deal with the internet comerece group to get a replacement shipped. You will need your Cisco sales order number to get anywhere.

Notice that depending on the number of ports it will determine which version you need.

The applicable version of Microsoft SQL  Server:

On a system with more than 32 voice  ports, SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition or SQL Server 2000 Standard  Edition

On a system with 32 or fewer voice  ports, SQL Server 2005 Express or SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine  (MSDE 2000)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/8x/requirements/8xcusysreq.html

Make sure to get the right one if you need a replacement CD.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I agree to both of you guys.But let me ask u like this.

What if i can download unity8 software using CCO login?I found 7-8 DVDs from the site.Can i download Unity Data Store from the cisco software donwload section? I was unable to identify which  DVD  contains Unity Data Store for unity8.

Its only a wild guess. Let me know whether it will work or not.Coz i was infromed that it will take a couple of days to get the DVD from Cisco.

You should take a look at the "Read Me" file as it states that the Unity Data Store DVD for Unity 8 is NOT available for download.  Refer to the following:

Do Not Use the Cisco Unity Data Store 2000 Disc from Cisco Unity 7.x and Earlier to Upgrade to Cisco Unity 8.0

If you are upgrading to Cisco Unity 8.0 and reinstalling software on the Cisco Unity server (for example, because you are replacing the server or upgrading to Windows Server 2003), you must use the Data Store 2000 disc that ships with Cisco Unity 8.0. The Data Store 2000 disc that shipped with earlier versions of Cisco Unity has a different directory structure, and the Cisco Unity System Setup Assistant, which guides you through installing and configuring Cisco Unity 8.0, will not recognize the Data Store 2000 disc that shipped with Cisco Unity 7.x and earlier. (If you paid for an upgrade to SQL Server 2005, we will ship you a Data Store 2005 disc with the rest of your Cisco Unity software.)

The Cisco Unity 8.0 version of the Data Store 2000 disc is not available for download on Cisco.com. To perform an upgrade that requires reinstalling software on the Cisco Unity server, you must either wait for the Cisco Unity 8.0 installation discs to arrive or manually install SQL Server 2000 or MSDE 2000. Manually installing the application is not documented and, therefore, not supported.

There's your answer.  You need to order the upgrade kit from Cisco in order to get the proper DVD.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: