Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity_Db_Log_LDF file keeps growing out of controll

allan.wells
Level 3
Level 3

Hi ,

This file below keeps growing on the unity server it was 4 gig at one stage .

CAlled TAC and truncated the file.

Its starting to grow again and fill the C drive up which is causing massive issues.

Unity_Db_Log_LDF

Unity Version 4.0 5 UM

I see other Unity Boxes where this file stays at or below 1024K

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Thanks

Allan

6 Replies 6

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Allan:

Check the app logs for warnings or errors at 2 am. Post the complete set for the time the problem occurs.

allan.wells
Level 3
Level 3

Hi ,

I fixed the SQL failure Backuup with LA permissions as per the post the issue still remains the file is growing not getting truncated Unity_Db_Log_LDF backups are passing any further suggestions.

Thanks

Allan

Please post the app logs as I had requested.

See Attached Event Viewer Logs

I don't see further problems with sql backup. If any of the steps failed, the event would have been logged in the app log.

However I think you should be concerned about this error. This unity server is unable to connect to the DC.

2/28/2006 3:10:37 AM CiscoUnity_DSAD Warning Warning 1017 N/A APACUNITY "The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) is skipping a synchronization cycle because it failed to connect to domain controller toon.eu.babcockbrown.com. Ensure that the server is accessible and is configured as a domain controller, and that no DNS issues exist. The service has failed to connect to this domain controller for 3 consecutive synchronization cycle(s). After 15 consecutive failed connection(s), The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) will attempt to connect to a different domain controller.

Diagnostic Info:

Domain Controller: toon.eu.babcockbrown.com

Binding String: LDAP://toon.eu.babcockbrown.com:389/ROOTDSE

Error Code: ERROR_DS_UNAVAILABLE

Description: The directory service is unavailable.