Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity DiRT application

hmccarthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I just moved my Unity server to a new domain, and it looks like everything is working properly, but I have one problem.

I've downloaded the most recent version of DiRT and installed it, but when I go to run it I get the following error:

(error):70(Permission denied) in procedure bAccountHasMailstoreRights of Form frmMain

(error):52 (Bad file name or number) in procedure bAccountHasMailstoreRights of Form frmMain

I am logged in as the unitymsgstoresvc, and have verified that the account has send and receive rights for the mail stores, but have had no luck. I've re-run Permissions Wizard a few times with no change. I've also un-installed and re-installed the app a few time.

Any thoughts of what else I should check?

thanks in advance for any info!!

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, first things first - you can remove the automatic check for mailstore rights which appears to be on to remove that error at startup - you can do this by going to the registry at HKML\Software\Active Voice\DisasterRecovery\Settings\

Set the "IncludeMessages" key to 0 and when you start DiRT backup it wont automatically make this check at least and you can back everything but messages up.

That routine is really only doing two things:

It copies SARA.EXE (Send As Recieve As checker) to the root of C:\. It then creates a text file c:\MailstoreInput.txt and runs SARA aginst that file - the file has a list of mailstores that house one or more Unity subscribers serviced by the local Unity server. The output is dumped to c:\SARA.OUT and is slurped in from there.

Based on the error you're getting there I'm guessing there's a file access issue to the root of C (long tortured story involving calls to the DOH and such for why this is done there instead of in the application's install directory - trust me, this is not my doing). Check to see if one, two or all 3 of those files show up there when the error comes up when you check the "include messsages" checkbox. The sara.exe file is deleted after it's done but the input .txt and output file are left there for debugging purposes.

Thanks a lot! I'll give this a shot asap. I'm not worried about backing up the vmail messages too much anyway, they have an Exchange BU running, so I could restore that way if I had to. It is all about the CallHandlers...

Should I remove these files, would it make any difference if I did anyway?

Thanks again!

Better late than never I guess, but this worked fabulously! Thanks for your help on this, I appeciate it!!

Ditto, we had the same error message and this fix worked like a champ!

Now I have to get to work and backup Unity. :(

Thanks!!!!