Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Distribution List Cannot Add Another List if Already Member in AD

Unity 4.1.1 with Exchange 2003 off box.

We have an AD distribution list structure where we have lists that are members of lists. For example, we have the California list and in that list, we have the North Cal list and the South Cal list as members of California list.

I imported the three lists - California, North Cal, and South Cal into Unity. When I attempt to add North Cal or South Cal as members of California list, it is not listed. I noticed this only happens when the AD lists are already members of that parent list.

Hopefully, I was clear enough with my example, but is this normal? Hopefully, there is a way around this?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity Distribution List Cannot Add Another List if Already M

The way around it is to remove North and South out of California Dist. List (DL) using Active Directory Users and Computers.

In Unity's SaWeb, open California DL, and add North and South DL.

In Active Directory Users and Computers, open California DL. You will see that North and South DL are members of

California DL.

I am surprised not to see North and South DL as members of California in SaWeb using the way you did it. However I am not surprised that you cannot add North and South DL in SaWeb because they are already members.

The work around you mentioned is what I might do. I will just have to do it during the evening to limit the possibility of lost email (replication of AD may take up to 15 minutes in our environment).

You mentioned you're surprised that I cannot add the North and South DL in SaWeb, do you think I'm running into a bug and should have TAC take a look?

Cisco Employee

I replicated your issue because I was sure that you cannot add a DL in SaWeb since it was already added in ADUC. Actually, I was surprised that I did not see North and South DL as members of California.

Let me pursue that w the dev team. I am not sure if it is working as designed.

Views
Helpful
Replies