Unity 4.0.1 with CM 4.0
Setup is UM
1 User can not play messages over the phone but gets the message in Outlook.
MWI works and she can get access the VM options menu so i know Unity is talking with this ext.
I tried from a different phone to see it it was the phone but the problem remains.
Any feeback will be appreciated.
What happens when you log into their inbox over the phone? Does it say there are no messages or does it give you a count but then give you an error saying it's not available or does it just not offer it at all? Any errors show up in the application event log when they access their mailbox? This is normally the first place to look for clues if we're being denied access to a particular message or an entire inbox.
A common problem I see here is folks having a voice mail box assigned to a mailbox other than the one they're using at the desktop. Happens more often than you'd think so double check that.
Also, make sure they aren't setup with desktop rules to move messages out of the inbox for the user and into a folder - this is another common issue. Unity only has access to the inbox and deleted items folder - not other folders messages may be moved to.
The user is telling me that he can sucessfully log into Unity from the phone and the process is below
1. user presses messages key on the phone
2. Unity asks for user name and password
3. Unity tells the user you have new messages
4. User presses 1 to listen to messages
5. User gets silence, no audio at all
However, messages appear in outlook inbox
Hi Jojo -
Is the user with the problem by any chance receiving a voice message that was replied to by another subscriber but did NOT record a voice message, i.e. only typed a text message? A replied to voice message still have the voice message class and the TUI will see this as a new message, also lights the MWI. But when you open the voice message in Outlook, there may be text but NO voice recording, media master start/stop shows 0 seconds. Also, while I don't think this is related to your problem, I noticed something you mentioned in item #2 "Unity asks for user name and password" The user should hear "Please enter your password" after pressing the MESSAGES button. You might check to see the user's DN definition in CallManager has the correct voicemail profile coded (especially if you have multiple Unity servers integrated with CCM).
I check the application event viewer but no errors are presented. I deleted the subcriber and recreated and the problem remains. After i recreated the subscriber, I called the user and I get her greeting;I leave a test message and MWI turns on. User logs into unity and presses one to check messages, the clock moves as if the message was being played but no sound comes out of the phone.
Unity was rebooted but problem remains. Maybe I need to install the service pack for Unity 4.0 SR1, the problem is that is only one user is having this problem out of 500 subscribers.
OK - highly doubt this is a Unity problem at this point. Sounds like a one way audio problem of some sort. Unity is not going to selectively decide to not offer audio on a valid recording due to some sort of configuration issue - very likely this is upstream from us.
If you listen to that message you recorded over the phone that turned the MWI on from the desktop, do you hear audio? Also, if you call from another phone (i.e. a phone for a subscriber that works) and manually log into the problem subscriber's account do you get the same thing?
I can hear audio from wma file from computer, when i dial from another IP phone and try to get the message i get no sound, when I call from a line line and try to get the message same story, no sound. After i delete the subscriber from unity i realized that maybe there's something no right with the exchange account. My next step is going to be delete the account from exchange/AD, delete the subscriber from unity and recreate the account from scratch.
Kind of doubt deleting the Exchange account is going to do anything here - if you can hear the message from the desktop then the mailstore is ok and the audio coming in is ok - I wouldn't think the problem would be Exchange based unless access to the mailstore were a problem which it doesn't sound like it is.
At this point I'd definitely suggest opening a TAC case - I think deleting and recreating accounts and such is going to be a frustrating waste of time for you - there's something going on with the audio stream there but I can't speculate what is would be right off hand.
Somehow some of the messages were preventing the sound to be played over the phone.
I delete all the messages from the user inbox and somehow started to work again.