cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Domino, Joing a new AD Domain? Without re-install?

palves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Unity Domino Unified Messaging Installation (4.0(5)). I have moved all users over to a new AD Domain. Easy to do since Domino doesn't really know/care about which domain these users belong to.

However, the AD Domain the Unity Server is a member of is to be DECOMISSIONED. It is only a member server in this domain.

Can I remove the Unity Server from this domain and add it to the new domain easily?? Or is a DiRT/Backup, re-install, DiRT/Restore required??

thanks,

Paul

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

are you keeping it as a domino/unity? or moving to Exchange?

This will remain domino/unity.

The customer is decomissioning the domain this unity member server belongs to, that's all. All user accounts have already been mapped to this new domain (since Domino does not really care about which AD Domain the users belong to).

I just need to make this a member server to another AD domain (recently added domain).

thanks,

Paul

palves
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone???

I've never tested this myself, but the Cisco Unity Reconfiguration and Upgrade Guide (With IBM Lotus Domino)has a section called "Renaming a Cisco Unity Server or Moving a Cisco Unity Server to Another Domain". Here's the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a00806253db.html

Nancy

thanks Nancy!

Should have found that link myself.

It's what I feared though....

A lot of work to just change the domain membership!

thanks,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: