cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity DST problems

tfelmly
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 4.1(1). Servers all changed over correctly. Voicemail time stamps still 1 hour behind. Running Server 2000 on Unity servers, Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. Outlook Web Access showing correct time stamps.

Logging in to the TUI, prompt is an hour behind.

What did I miss?

Todd

37 Replies 37

I've rebooted Unity a few times today with no effect.

Have not rebooted Exchange server though. Will give it a try tonight also.

Wish my Cisco equipment updated as easy as my Microsoft systems did.

Nice of TAC to keep us updated!

jilundain
Level 1
Level 1

Certain Windows systems are showing the wrong time even though the DST patch has been applied to the system: Simply change the time zone to some other time zone manually on the affected system, apply it, and then change it back to the correct time zone.

Here are some details on this:

http://blogs.technet.com/dst2007/archive/2007/03/11/time-zones-not-updating-on-windows-2003-windows-xp-or-windows-2000.aspx

I did have this happen on all my Win2000 boxes. Just unchecking the 'Auto apply DST' box, applying the change, and then checking the 'Auto apply DST' box fixes it.

Wonder if this has to happen from now on though?

Todd,

I am running 4.2(1) for a client, the server not in production yet, so no worries here about the DST changes. I had applied ES59 and JRE updates as required last week. I tested over the weekend, changed the time to 1.59 am and the time did change succesfully to 3.00 am. So I was hoping things should work properly on Monday. I see on Monday that the time never changed properly at all over the weekend. The server clock and timestamps were an hour off. I had to manually change the time on the server today..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Rebooting the Exchange message store did not do a darn thing to the time stamps. They are still an hour behind.

The only thing we have not applied was the Exchange patch described in the link above. I'm reluctant to apply it due to the fact that messages may stop flowing.

Has anyone applied this Microsoft Exchange patch and if so did you run into any problems with Unity?

Todd

rebooting unity didn't do a thing.. but what did work was shutting down unity, changing the time zone to anything else.. then setting it back properly to the right time zone and restarting unity.. everything worked properly after that.

NICE! Do I get a rating for my Mar 12, 2007, 5:35pm PST post with that suggestion? Ha!!

I'll give this a try. Sounds as if the key is to shut down Unity (not the entire server) and change the time zone. Just rebooting doesn't work since Unity is starting with the server.

YEAH! That did it! Cisco should pay you guys!!

Check marks to all :)

Unity 4.2.1. Server is set for no auto DST.

Time sone is set for Arizona. Time stamps in Exchange for left messages show correct time. Phones show correct time. TUI readback of messages are an hour off. Will try rebooting server.

Or just shut down Unity itself (not the entire server), reset your time zone and then start Unity. That's all it took to fix mine.

Has anyone gotten this issue resolved. I didn't have this problem going into Tuesday, however now I do. My Unity VM's are 1 hour behind, but the system clock is fine.

The easiest fix providing you have applied the DST patches to the OS is (at least for me):

1. On your Unity server stop Unity but don't shutdown the entire server.

2. Once Unity has stopped, go to the date / time control panel applet and change your time zone to something different. CLICK APPLY.

3. In the same applet, change your timezone back to your normal time zone. CLICK OK.

4. Start Unity.

Do the same on the failover if you have one.

Hope this helps.

Todd

I thought I had heard that the Exchange patch from MS did not work as well as they thought it would. I have been hearing rumbles about Outlook not working right for appointments.

If you have failover running with Unity, I think that if the Primary's time is different than the failover server, the SQL database will come off it's rocker for replication cause a failover trigger to happen. This drops the TSP ports and may trigger the "flipping" failover from primary to secondary and vice versa.