Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Email Notification

Unity Build 4.0(4)cannot successfully send outbound external emails. I have configured the Exchange SMTP connector, but it appears that the emails are not reaching the SMTP queues.

- Do I need to enter the SMTP outbound server gateway address into Unity?

- Can I check whether Unity is successfully firing the mails to Exchange?

Please advise on any possible solutions or settings I should verify.

Thanks very much.

5 REPLIES

Re: Unity Email Notification

Be default, Exchange will not allow email Relaying. You will need to add the Unity server's IP address in SMTP settings of Exchange to allow it relay the messages out. This is most likely the cause.

Thanks for the reply. I have done this and have learnt that the problem is actually with our outbound SMTP relay server not allowing the message on to the internet. This is because the message sender address has to valid. Does anyone please know how I can change the address of the email sender from within Unity?

Thanks

You can change the Reciepent Policy in the Exchange server where Unity stores the message.... well let me roll that back... I'm assuming you are using VMO for Unity and you are trying to forward the messages to another Exchange server.

So if your domain is @xyz.com

But your Unity VMO is @zyx.vmo

you can update your Policy to change all Exchange users to this new domain name. Then maybe it will go out from your server. Whats probably happening is that your SMTP server is doing a reverse lookup of @xyz.vmo and realizes it is a bad address and rejects it.

Yes that worked. Thx v much for yr help.

If you don't want to change all users, you can just add a new primary address to Unity_ServerName AD account with Unity_ServerName@yourchoice.com. I just did this. Not seeing any problems, though not TAC supported I understand. Regards, Tim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content