Helpful
Replies

Unity Error : SQL Replication failed on failover server

okoye.stephen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I am configuring unity with failover.

When I ran the Failover config,I got this error : SQL Replication failed on failover server. It didnt occur on the Primary but the secondary and I changed the name of the server from Local to the actual name of the server and re-ran the config on both the primary and the secondary, had no issue on the priamry and the secondary but I get error message on the Event log on the primary that there was error dring SQL replication.

The  system is by default on Failover mode unless I restart unity on the primary server.

I believe the failover is not working correctly because I do not see users that I have created on the primary to replicate on the secondary.

Has any one faced this problem before? Your assistance will be highly apperciated.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Failover is not going to be working properly if the Failover Configuration Wizard did not complete successfully on the secondary.  On the secondary under Commserver\Logs directory there should be a diag_FailoverConfig.  Scroll all the way to the last point in the file where it failed and it should point you to another SQL dump file which should contain an indication of what went wrong.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thanks Brad,

But how to I solve the issue of SQL Replication has I am still getting the error.

Thanks.

Please follow Brad's directions. He stated that you need to go to the failover server and get the failover log and it will tell you what went wrong. Copy the error in here so we can assist you.

Thanks!

Tray

Thanks Tray,

Will do and post it soonest.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: