Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity error

While trying to retrieve voice mails iam getting following message "this system is temporarily unable to complete your call, please try again later"

Could you guide me how to fix it.

Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(4) SR 1 UM

• Unified Communications Applications
6 REPLIES

Re: Unity error

Check your Commserver\UnityMTA folder and see if you have messages in there. Also check the failed folder as well. If you see messages in this folder then Unity is having an issue connecting to the mailstore. The connectivity issue could be anything from security permissions to name resolution.

What mail system are you using. If you are using Domino then UMR mode is disabled by default, I believe. When UMR is disabled I believe it goes to the failsafe conversation you are hearing.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Hi Fred,

i could not see any failed messages in UnityMTA folder. Iam using MS Exchange2000

Thanks in advance.

Satish K

Satish,

Just to clarify you are also not seeing messages in the UnityMTA as well, correct? Reason asking because failed messages (corrupt, etc.) go to the failed folder and normal messages are stored in the UnityMTA root. Each message has a wav file and a text file.

Ok so assuming nothing in the MTA. Can you provide some more information about what you can do? Is it just one user or all? Can you access Unity via the opening greeting or something like greeting administrator? Mainly we need to know where to look next and determine if it's a Unity issue or one of it's layered products.

Lastly run a dbwalker and post the report or let us know what errors (if any) appear.

I also found another thread you might want to review.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddb63be

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Fred,

I have fixed it. Found Missing distrubution list in the Operator page on callhandler section.

thanks all for your reply.

Regards,

Satish K

Satish,

Dbwalker is almost 1st thing you want to do in troubleshooting Unity issues. The report is usually concise and straight to the point on what needs to be fixed. Glad your issue was resolved.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Check to make sure your Exchange Store is mounted and running. If you ran out of disk space on the Exchange store, it will dismount, causing Unity to give you this message. Unity can probably take messages fine, but when you go to listen to them, you will get this message because it can not get to the Exchange store.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.