Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity &Exchagne Integration

Hello Guys,

I am trying to use Bulk Import Exchange Utility (Unity 4.2 UM)to import users from Exchange (2003) into the Unity. The only users that I am able to import are the users that I created during the istallation, like unityadmin, unityinstall, unityDirSvc and unityMsgStoreSvc but none of the existing users in the exchange. The software indicates please wait while data is loaded and examined but the message stays like for ever. Could someone please let me know what's wrong and how can I resolve this issue.

Also, Is there any way to import CallHandlers in Bulk from unity 4.0 to 4.2?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES

Re: Unity &Exchagne Integration

Rerun the Message Store configuration wizard to point to the Exchange server and then rerun Permissions Wizard to provide the proper permissions.

Were this users already in Unity at one time? If yes, then use the RemoveSubscribersProperties tool.

Could you please let me know where is the Message Store Configuration Wizard? I can't find it. And yes they were already in an old unity which is going away. This Unity 4.2 is a brand new install. Do I need to use RemoveSubscriberProperties tool?

I have one unity and 2 exchange servers, one in boston and one in NY, do I need to run Message store configuration wizard for the one for NY too? Or when I choose the one in boston in the drop down menu, it will take care of the one in NY also?

Thanks,

I found the Message Store Configuration Wizard and reran it followed by running the Permission Wizard for the unityadmin user which is a domaine user and domaine admin, but it didn't work. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

You have two problems here:

From what it sounds like, you are migrating from Unity 4.0x to 4.2 correct? If that is case, you must upgrade your existing Unity 4.0x box to the version you wish to migrate to. Then you can move Call Handlers, PSTs, etc with DIRT Export, DIRT Import.

You can rerun Messaging store on the new server to associate it with the 2003 server. DIRT Import all the users from your old server, CallHandlers, greetings, everything.

I think because the "old users" have Unity Attributes assigned to them, you are not able to import them to your new configuration.

hope this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content