cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity-Exchange, can I combine HDD partition?

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

I have HP server to build exchange off box with 4EA HDD(72G each). RAID1 for 1st two(slot 0/1) and 2nd two(slot 2/3). the partition is C and D from 1st set and E from 2nd set. the requirement is more than 72G for exchange voice mail box. Can I combine D and E into single partition to make about 130G?

Thanks in advance,

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

How many users are you planning to support for this off-box Exchange server? Is this for Windows 2003 SP2, Exchange 2003? I would recommend 20Gig just for the OS partition. To be honest, this really is not the best practice configuration for an Exchange server. I included a link for your review -

http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid43_gci1195222,00.html. You cannot combine 2 physical disks from separate logical volumes together. Your C:D: is two physical volumes (1 logical volume). Same for the E set. I would consider purchasing additional disk drives to either create a Raid5 set OR Raid10 set for the Exchange information stores.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: