cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Exchange Hot Fixes question - KB 911829 and KB 919417

askraydotcom
Level 1
Level 1

We have Unity 4.0.5 with failover using Exchange as the messaging store. I am trying to find out if KB 911829 - (fixes problem with Vista Machines using OWA), and KB 919417 - (fixes issues with transactions not purging within the version store), are 'blessed' by Cisco. I've looked here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/updates/wizard/cuupwz.html but these KB's aren't listed. Does anyone have any insight or know of a better resource to see Cisco 'blessed' hotfixes?

Thanks very much.

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is the deal, if you install the Unity Windows Update package from CCO, it will install the correct hotfixes you need. If they are missing, it will install them. it's a great tool everyone should be using for Unity. maybe a year or so ago, this tool came out. it was a blessing! Before, we all had to compare what hotfixes were/were not installed.... ugly! But this tool finds the missing patches, and installs them.

SQL

Exchange 2000/2003

Windows 2000/2003

Give it a try!

Thanks tcatlinins, I will most def. make use of that tool...

But how do I find out what KB's are included in the wizard? I specifically need to know if it includes KB 919417 and KB 911829.

Thanks again.

just open the files in the tool and you will see them.

again as I said though ESs are not included, only approved MS patches. Cisco patches are not in it.

I checked.

Randy

I did find required patches for exchange 2003 sp2 by cisco. However the patches are MS patches and thus would not be in an ES but would be in the ServerUpdatesWizard.

Tommer is right again hehehe. I was not wrong though hehehe.

Randy

Thanks very much.

careful... everything here is only "suggestions" not recommended solutions.... we are here to point you in the right direction right?!

whew.... that was a close one! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: