Helpful
Replies

Unity Express 2.2 to 7.1 Upgrdae

csco11142276
Level 1
Level 1

Experts,

Need your quick help.

Can I re-use existing CUE2.2 mailbox licences on CUE7.1?

My customer has got NM-CUE module installed with CUE2.2 and they want it to be upgraded to 7.1 release. I am aware that EoS NM-CUE doesn't support CUE7.1 and hence they need new hardware for the job which I have quoted. But, I am stuck with "licensing" wondering if I can re-use the existing mailbox licences by any chance for e.g. by loading it to Cisco licensing portal and get them converted to 7.1

OR do I need to purchase new mailbox licences as well?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Hi JB S,

Licensing model for CUE 7.1 has change and now they use CSL licenses. However if you want to migrate your licenses please check the following document:

Migrating to CSL Licenses

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1106878

On the previous link there is a note that you might find useful:

"If you are upgrading to the same of licensed features as before, the CSL licenses are free."

HTH,

pablogon

You might also want to check rehosting licenses section on the same link since you are changing the hardware.

HTH,

pablogon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: