Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express Zero-Out Problem

jriacono5
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am having an issue with Unity express where if I configure a zero-out number on a mailbox, the call is forwarded to that number but when callfwd no answer kicks in for the forwarded number the caller hits the original mailbox of the person dialed. We are looking to set things up so callers can zero-out from one mailbox, to another, to another, to another... and so on. I tried setting up a translation pattern, 2XXXX, which strips off the 2 and forwards the call out of a css containing the directory numbers. This did NOT work. The caller STILL got the original mailbox.

Am I missing something? If not, does anyone know a workaround??

Thank you,

James

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

You can check this for CUE;

**Mailbox selection (OCN or LRD)

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

Mailbox selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number (LRD). LRD is the default option:)

Check out Page 88 of this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/cliadmin/cuecli23.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the help. I have been thinking about changing this setting and I am afraid it may be my only choice. I really rather find a work around if possible.

The standard our client set was to use the original called number for mailbox selection. The only drawback I see to using LRD is if someone puts their phone on callfwdall, the caller would get the mailbox for a person they were not expecting.

Is there a way to trick the system into changing the original called number?

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

James