Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Fail Over

Hello Guys,

I am planing to install a unity (VM only)failover for a test environment (5 or 6 users). I know with failover the Exchange needs to be off box. My question is do I really need a seperate server (Exchange) for this small implementation or I can install Exchange in the primary unity server?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

havent tried it, but I think it will work. The reason behind the separate Exchange server is to "divide your eggs" in the event of an outage. If the Primary server goes down, and Exchange was on it, then Failover really does no good.

For a lab, it should work. Unless someone else has some more info on this subject

Thanks for replying.

My other question is can I use MCS-7835 for the primary unity and MCS-7825 for the secondary (Failover)?

Thanks,

You can use two Dell Desktops if you want. Unity does not care that much about the hardware platform it sits on like CallManager does. TAC will not support it if it is on a non MCS server though.

i have installed Unity in the lab on a desktop with W2K SP4, 40gig drive and 512 memory it's fine for the lab.

cheers

So I assume the answer for my question is 'Yes' using MCS 7835 for the Primary and MCS 7825 for Secondary server. Does Cisco support this design?

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: